Follow this link to give today
A NOTE FROM DREW
Hello Mercy Hill,
One of the most significant ways God has transformed my life is around generosity. Whenever I have taken steps of faith to be generous and to loosen my grip on what I have I experience more joy, more peace and this sense that I am more aligned with God's values and his dreams for who he created me to be. I want that same joy, peace and alignment for each of you because it has been such a rich blessing in my own life. Here's how I think we start moving in that direction:
If you aren't giving now START GIVING anything
If you give occasionally GIVE REGULARLY by making a plan for when
If you give regularly GIVE DEPENDABLY by picking an income % to give
If you give dependably GIVE GENEROUSLY asking God to bring needs your way
Lets move toward generosity believing that is one way of moving toward God!
- Pastor Drew
- We believe that God wants us to experience a life of generosity.
- Aligning our wallets with God’s way is one of the first steps to aligning our whole lives with God.
- When you give you are investing in hope, healing, restoration, reconciliation, faith and new life!
HOW MUCH DO I GIVE?
Jesus didn’t measure generosity by a particular amount or percentage. Instead, he measured it by the condition of the giver’s heart. So, how much you should give is really up to you and God. But if you’ve never talked to God about giving before here are some keys to get you started:
- Ask God for direction.
- Remember everything you have belongs to God - the act of giving is simply offering back to God what is already God’s.
- The Old Testament modeled giving 10% of your income (this amount could be a goal or starting place for you)
- If you aren’t giving at all, consider starting to give 1% of your income.
- If you are giving, considering giving 1% more.
- When unexpected or additional money comes in, ask God if He wants you to pass some of it along to someone else as an encouragement or blessing.
WHERE DOES MY GIVING GO?
Primarily, it goes to support Mercy Hill (salaries, rent, supplies, etc) as we live out our mission of loving our community in the name of Jesus by making disciples.
Additionally, a greater and greater percentage of our total giving every year is going to support people in our church who need help, helping people outside of our church (we partner with Loaves & Fishes, ICA Food Shelf and Feed My Starving Children), sending missionaries all over the world and starting new communities of faith locally.
We are a part of a network of churches but it is a voluntary association so we are not obligated to give to the network. Instead, when an opportunity to be generous presents itself our staff evaluates the opportunity and makes a decision about how to be involved financially.
HOW CAN I GIVE?
- On Sundays: Place your check or cash in the secure giving boxes on your way out of the auditorium.
- By Mail: Contributions can also be sent to our office (Mercy Hill Church, Attn: Finance, 1500 County Road 24 Medina MN 55356)
- Online: You can give via credit/debit card or link directly to a bank account. You can give one time or set up a recurring gift. You can also view your giving history and download giving statements.
- Non-Cash Giving: We also accept stocks, bonds and mutual funds as gifts. If you are interested in any of these types of giving please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GIVE?
We believe that setting up recurring online giving is the easiest and most consistent way to give. For each giver it is automatic, secure and immediately reflects your giving record. For Mercy Hill, knowing that a large percentage of our giving comes in consistently each month helps us plan more effectively and say yes to new opportunities as they come in.
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS.
Great. Contact Pastor Drew at email@example.com and he’ll do his best to answer.